We have an exciting position opening for a VP & Corporate Controller
What Our Client Offers:
• Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment • Challenging and progressive career development • Competitive salaries • Profit Sharing, Holiday Bonus & 401k • Excellent Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs • Best practice PTO policies and paid holidays • Tuition Reimbursement & Dependent Scholarship Program • Open communication, recognition programs, and team-building events • And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals who want to make a real difference in their community and role
What You’ll Do:
As the VP & Corporate Controller, you will research, develop, execute and lead the Accounting Department ensuring compliance with reporting requirements and helping the Company achieve its financial goals.
• You will direct and lead the accurate, timely, and efficient preparation and consolidation of financial reporting, including periodic filings according to US GAAP and census reporting for government agencies. You will monitor compliance with global statutory reporting requirements.
• You will direct and oversee the General Accounting area, ensuring accurate analysis, processing, and cost containment. • You will research, develop, execute, and lead new accounting and financial standards and develop necessary systems to ensure efficient and compliant processes.
• You will manage the financial and operational audits, ensuring enhancements and corrective actions are implemented and sustained, where applicable, to ensure optimal efficiencies and compliance.
• You will manage the execution, roll-out, and completion of the annual planning process in an accurate, timely and complete manner.
• You will review and approve significant capital requests based on annual goals and budgetary constraints.
• You will review and provide financial input to assist with business decisions, enhanced financial performance, and to provide on-going leadership to external Business Unit Controllers and internal team members.
• You may oversee the shared services group, responsible for processing Payroll and Accounts Payable for most domestic locations, ensuring accurate processing and cost containment.
• Education: BS Degree in Finance or Accounting, with an MBA, CPA, or CMA preferred
• Experience: 10 plus years of prior Controlling or Senior Financial and Accounting experience within a large corporation with multi-business units preferred. Public accounting and/or internal audit experience would be a plus
• Functional Skills: Excellent strategic skillset, with a strong accounting and financial analysis background, capable of developing action plans that will help drive business performance; successful achievements in researching, reviewing, and implementing new accounting standards. Strong budgeting/costing skills, proven project management skills, and a strong attention to detail and thoroughness are required for success in this role. Strong payroll background and payroll tax experience.
• Technology Skills: Excellent Excel and solid Microsoft Office skills, with a solid familiarity with manufacturing ERP systems, query tools and report writing are required. A working knowledge of JD Edwards, would be a plus
• Communication Skills: Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills are needed in this role, collaborating with all levels within the organization.
• Leadership/Behaviors: Proactive decision-maker, with excellent leadership skills to lead onsite and remote team members. Must also have a solid ability to use sound judgement with a very broad and diverse set of opportunities
• Culture Match: Energetic, assertive, high-integrity, team player, who can conceptualize to create results and is also collaborative and can effectively interact with all employee levels of the organization is key
Other Important Information:
Salary: Salary is commensurate with proven expertise.
This position is eligible for bonus & profit sharing! And, the compensation will grow as the team member grows!
Reports To: VP & CFO
Core Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00pm (schedule can be slightly flexible; will work approx. 9 – 10 hours within this timeframe)
Typical Work Week: M-F; some weekends & additional hours are required (when applicable); 50 hours a week on average
Direct Reports: 2 Direct / 9 Dotted line (Remote)
Travel: Approximately 20 %