TEAM LEAD FOUNDRY 1st, 2nd & 3rd shifts
Our Client is a global leader in design, engineering, validation and manufacturing of driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. They are a unique global resource that brings higher-performing next-generation driveline, powertrain, metal forming and casting products & technologies to markets around the world — faster and more efficiently — helping to reduce the cost of vehicle-development program
The Team Lead will coordinate melt operations including scheduling and training of department personnel. Job Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate molding functions including operation of molding machine, and ensure availability of required cores and supplies.
- Assist in changing patterns, make samples and document results as required
- Work with production control to ensure that production schedules are maintained
- Work with maintenance, foundry engineering, pattern shop and core room personnel to minimize downtime for mechanical, tooling or core related issues.
- Ensure that proper safety and quality practices are being observed by department personnel.
- Train and schedule sufficient personnel to meet department schedules.
- Provide input to supervisor about the performance of molding personnel.
- Assist with ordering raw materials and supplies.
- Collect and record pertinent data and enter in appropriate file or database.
- Pour samples and document results as required.