Discover career-defining opportunities at TimkenSteel. We are a modern-day startup company with over 100 years of steelmaking behind us. We manufacture some of the world’s cleanest alloy steel using state-of-the-art technologies to help customers push the bounds of what’s possible. And we rely on our core values – ethics and integrity, quality, innovation and independence – to create steel products and services to solve the world’s toughest challenges.
This position is responsible for the direct supervision of the maintenance crew in Faircrest Steelmaking operations. This includes the planning, scheduling, coordination, directing and improving of all production and support equipment within Faircrest Plant Steelmaking. Required to work overtime, rotating shifts/ schedules, or weekends as per business needs.
- Maintenance - Increase the efficiency of the maintenance crews by providing direct supervision and support in the areas of job priorities, assignments, staffing, area cross-training, delay reduction, breakdown support, schedule adherence, etc.
- Information Systems - Effective use of relevant information systems to improve the completion of scheduled and unscheduled jobs and PM's, to improve data analysis by ensuring that the maintenance crews enter their daily work time in a timely manner, and to effectively order parts that are needed for jobs, and to replenish spare inventories.
- Safety & Environmental - Maintain a safe and environmentally correct work place by enforcing the company and plant safety and environmental rules and policies, ensuring that associates are wearing the required PPE at all times, providing prompt and clear communications, providing training as needed and required, performing regular workplace audits and involving all maintenance crew members. Will be the first responder to all environmental incidents at the melt shop, providing immediate supervision and contacting the required personnel in a timely manner and filling out the appropriate reports.
- Communications - Develop a good relationship with operations supervision to promote timely and clear communications regarding equipment issues related to breakdowns, needed follow up work (DT's), manning issues, etc. Provide detailed reports (Shift Reports) for communicating to plant and area personnel. Contact the necessary personnel in a timely manner regarding critical issues.
- Associate Development & Training- Develop and accurately/objectively evaluate apprentices. Continually develop all maintainers by providing new and additional training as needed, by having regular communications with all, by consistently enforcing company and plant rules and reporting and addressing any and all issues in a timely manner.
- Cost - Effectively control cost by reviewing spending reports, effectively scheduling OT to cover openings or man scheduled jobs, moving maintainers from one plant area to another to cover for a shortage or assist with an immediate issue and having regular meetings/communications with the maintenance crew members to help identify trends and to recommend tactics and/or solutions to equipment reliability.
- High school diploma or equivalent required with 8+ years of supervisory, manufacturing maintenance or related experience OR
- Associate's degree in business / technical major with 6+ years of supervisory, manufacturing maintenance or related experience
- Ability to use a computer to type reports, issue email, and create documents.
- Solid communication skills (verbal and written).
- This position will require working a rotational and flexible shift; may include holidays.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical or business with 3+ years of supervisory, manufacturing or related experience
- Familiarity with working in a union environment
**WE HAVE MULTIPLE MAINTENANCE SUPERVISORY OPENINGS** PLEASE VISIT OUR CAREER WEBSITE TO VIEW ALL OPEN POSITIONS ACROSS OUR THREE CANTON STEEL PLANTS** http://www.timkensteel.com/CAREERS
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.