Sr. Director/Industry 4.0
St. Petersburg, FL
Our global manufacturing client is seeking a passionate professional to engage customers and define, develop, deliver and support the “Factory of the Future” applications for the enterprise. The primary mission will be to create a strategy and roadmap for the design, build, integration and deployment of large scale enterprise applications, selection of key partners and existing solutions, and creating interoperability across the ecosystem for our global production facilities. Must have Industry 4.0 and be a visionary.
Defines and manages the “Factory of the Future” strategy and roadmap for development, technology, integration, and analytics. Responsible for analysis, selection and modification of enterprise systems, application software, installation of software, and system management. Partnership with operations and IT organizations for features, security, redundancy, and sizing management feedback. Ensures infrastructure architecture standards maximize efficiency and support platform compatibility. Position is focused on service delivery for internal use, but may have an external client focus when involved with company hosted, web enabled, or outsourced solutions delivery.
The selected candidate will be a hands-on leader guiding top talent, designing and delivering solutions across a global factory spectrum, supported with industry proven development tools and infrastructure to enable you to leverage the most current technologies to successfully meet and exceed expectations.
- Define, develop and implement a “Factory of the Future” strategy for development, system platform, and “IoT” connectivity across the factory applications to meet the needs of the business.
- Provide technical leadership, coaching and mentoring of an application development team of IT professionals.
- Collaborate with other application development managers, solution architects, business analysts, system analysts, business subject matter experts, QA and others to design and deliver high quality solutions on time and within budget.
- Collaborate with Business and Operational Departments up through Executives as needed to present a clear strategy and roadmap for implementation.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Define, develop and implement a department strategy, which contributes and aligns with the business strategic direction.
- Act as the point person for the Factory of the Future initiatives and be the expert liaison between the business operational team and the IT operational team
- Develop and communicate an understanding of the business strategy as it pertains to other IT and Operational Departments.
- Understand and communicate business strategy and develop application & technical infrastructure to support this strategy.
- Collaborate with, and understand the needs of internal/external customers from a business process and product perspective to help drive key IT solutions for driving operational efficiencies.
The right candidate will possess the following skills:
- Experience designing and implementing a connected solution across a spectrum of equipment, people, and applications
- Hands-on technical team leader, comfortable mentoring and leading globally distributed teams of developers, managers and technical leads
- Have significant experience engaging customers, capturing requirements, designing, developing, and delivering large enterprise software systems
- Basic knowledge of business process reengineering principles, application development methodologies, and devops methodologies.
- Experience with open source solutions, BPMS platforms a plus, SAP ME/MII, web application development, and familiarity with Cloud computing platforms like Azure, AWS etc.
- Estimations of financial impact for projects and financial control of million + annual costs
- Ability to define multiple solution options to business problems and mitigate complexities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.