Rapidly growing, multi-million dollar privately held manufacturing client based in Miami, is looking for a Sr. Cost Accountant to join it's winning team.
This position will provide ongoing analysis of process constraints; target costing projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities. Construct and monitor those cost-effective data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of costing information to purchasing and management.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Identify Cost drivers and suggest Cost improvements.
- Develop labor and overhead rates, review material Costs for annual revisions.
- Review and analyze cost information to explain cost variances.
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts and investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues.
- Perform accounting for inventory, fixed assets, and working progress (WIP)
- Provide manufacturing variance and trend analysis.
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies.
- Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close.
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles
- Calculate cost analysis and conduct ongoing process constraint analyses.
- Perform cost accumulation tasks and Month End Close Activities.
- 3+ years of Cost accounting experience
- Manufacturing exp a plus
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance and/or any other related field