OMAX is currently seeking an experienced Sourcing Buyer who will be responsible for developing, and executing sourcing strategies with new and existing suppliers. In this critical role, you will manage activities that facilitate effective vendor selection processes, effective negotiations of agreements, and ongoing contract and vendor management support to deliver continuous cost, quality, performance, savings and process improvement to the business.
OMAX Corporation is a rapidly growing, leading provider of precision-engineered abrasive waterjet systems. OMAX has brought together the leading innovators and experts in abrasive waterjet technology, fostering an environment that promotes teamwork and a dedication to excellence. The capabilities of our machines consistently evolve to meet the diverse and changing needs of our customers.
- Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, components fabrication, and equipment
- Develop, evaluate and qualify new sources of supply to determine best possible value in compliance with quantity and quality, within scheduled dates
- Travel to supplier sites to investigate their ability to meet quality requirements, specifications, and delivery dates as required
- Provide leadership and guidance for each supplier and set priorities for build schedules
- Manage MRP to Suppliers and review for exceptions
- Contact suppliers to obtain information on the status of outstanding purchase orders and expedite/reschedule as required, to ensure deliveries are in strict compliance with requirement schedules
- Negotiate annual contracts and price agreements in support of commodity requirements
- Prepare bid lists, evaluate bids, place purchase orders, and negotiate changes
- Develop and analyze price and supply data. Maintain consistent and accurate purchase, price, stock and consumption records
- Work with receiving and accounts payable; reconcile vendor invoice problems brought to your attention
- Process “Quality Assurance Surveys and Rejection Reports” against purchase order receipts using established procedures and documentation
- Work with Production Engineering on proposed drawing changes that would improve and or lower product costs. Assist in Engineering Change Order processing
- Negotiate returns to vendors of surplus and obsolete goods and ensure that proper credit is applied
- Coordinate with engineering on approval of alternative materials
- Perform all other duties as deemed necessary by the department manager or supervisor
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field and 5 or more years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing procedures, materials and processes
- The ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Solid communication and analytical skills
- MRP experience highly desired. Lean experience a plus
OMAX Corporation offers an excellent compensation package that includes a competitive salary, generous benefits such as: medical, dental, and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, a 401K Plan with company matching, education reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation and sick time. Only qualified applicants will be contacted; must be able to work for any company within the United States. Fax resumes to (253) 872-9660 or email resumes to email@example.com.
OMAX Corporation is an equal opportunity employer