Our client is a world class manufacturer of highly engineered heat transfer technology (building, industrial, commercial, automotive markets).
We are looking for a motivated Service Technician (Building / HVAC) to service our clients customers in the Midwest (preferably located in Indiana or Illinois). In this position, you will operate remotely from your own home office. The company provides you a company laptop, phone, and vehicle. This position can provide a great deal of growth opportunity within the company with a career path to help you become a Senior Technician or Supervisor. This position works to enhance long term customer relationships through a customer focused approach. Service Technicians provide prompt, efficient, and effective responses to meet the needs of customers and channel partners with product installation and performance issues. Technicians also capture product data from the field to identify emerging issues and better understand application variables and their effect on product life and reliability. Also, they implement corrective action based on data analysis to reduce service issues in the future.
- Travel to customer locations and provide start-up, technical and service support as required by key customers.
- Serve as the face of the company as you travel to customers to investigate, identify, and correct product and application problems.
- Provide technical support via phone, email, and have direct contact with company's distributors, representatives, and customers.
- Determine the root cause of product problems and recommend corrective action to customers and channel partners as well as analyze warranty claims.
- Communicate field service concerns as well as proposed design changes to your supervisor.
- Populate the division warranty information gathering system through dialogue with customers, contractors, engineers, and representatives to capture information relative to the installation and application of company products.
- A two year technical degree in HVAC or related discipline preferred. Substantial technical experience may substitute for a degree.
- Minimum of 1-2 years product reliability or service experience required.
- Must have the ability to diplomatically resolve problems and project the appropriate company image while interacting with customers.
- Possess a working knowledge of product manufacture, operation, and application.
- EPA Type II Certification required, Universal EPA preferred
- Applicable HVAC license preferred
- Able to travel up to 75%