|CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS... |
CALLING ALL competitive, people who make like things happen, overachievers, & just plain good folks who like work hard and want to move up in the construction business!
Come be a part of a TRUE team within a leading firm in the construction industry. We are searching for a SENIOR ESTIMATOR to work in the STEEL FABRICATION group. Our client is a diversified construction company, who offers general contracting, construction management, & design-build solutions. Their business has a strong focus on quality & customer service for its many clients that span across various industries. This company has a keen approach toward its employees, offering challenging & rewarding work, as well as an aggressive professional development plan. If the construction industry is in your blood & you are eager to learn, grow & are an experienced leader...then...this is the place & the role for you!
The SENIOR ESTIMATOR is accountable for managing estimating processes for assigned projects & for portions of a projects requiring special expertise. He or She is accountable for the quality of the work prepared under their direct supervision. The Sr Estimator makes every effort to satisfy the needs of each client with respect to the estimate / bid. They also must develop & maintain strong relationships with suppliers & subcontractors. The Sr Estimator assigns duties & responsibilities other estimators working on specific projects. The Sr Estimator is accountable for the estimators work & the procedures used in preparing an estimate or bid. He or she is also responsible for assisting in the professional development of estimators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Effectively serves as a peer of the Operational Project Manager.
- Performs complex take-off.
- Takes responsible for final pricing.
- Takes Responsible for complex projects & routinely functions as the Estimating Team Leader.
- Maintains & manages well-developed subcontractor / supplier relationships.
- Assists, as needed, in client presentations.
- Provides for on-the-job training of estimators assigned to projects (Sr Estimator serves as Estimating Team Leader).
- Responsible for buy-out.
- Participates in “go / no go” decisions.
- Assists in the development of “win” strategy.
- Supervises,manages & develops estimators as assigned & works with the Estimating Director.
- Models & reinforces safety as a top priority of the company. (i.e. Always wears a hard hat & other appropriate personal protective equipment in the field.)
- Practices the AQM philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Ensures client satisfaction, internally & externally, through positive, pleasant, professional, & efficient handling of issues.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or transferable technical field.
- 5+ years of related experience in steel fabrication sectors; (i.e. commercial structural steel, beam and column, etc).
- Minimum of 1 year of field experience.
- Familiar with steel fabrication processes & techniques *(i.e. welding) & possesses advanced knowledge of construction elements.
- Extensive estimation processes & tools.
- Possesses basic knowledge of all construction elements.
- Highly effective with negotiations.
- Able to read, analyze, & interpret complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Strong presentation skills: ability to present effective & persuasive speeches to clients.
- Efficient comprehension & application of principles of modern algebra, advanced calculus & advanced statistical theory.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, & draw valid conclusions.
- Ablily to interpret an extensive technical instructions in diagram or mathematical form & deal with abstract & concrete variables.
- 25% travel (Home base St. Louis).
AIA, AIC, ASPE, CPC, EIT or other relevant certifications and/or organizational memberships are preferred (Ten CUE's are required annually)
| ||Construction Inspection |
| ||Estimators |
| ||Project Management |
| ||Manager, |
| ||Construction Steel |