OMAX Corporation is a rapidly growing, leading provider of precision-engineered abrasive waterjet systems. OMAX has brought together the leading innovators and experts in abrasive waterjet technology, fostering an environment that promotes teamwork and a dedication to excellence. The capabilities of our machines consistently evolve to meet the diverse and changing needs of our customers.
- Work with a product development and sustaining engineering team to assemble, test and validate new product designs
- Assemble and document engineering prototype designs and pre-production products
- Design, fabricate, assemble fixtures and other tooling for experiments
- Perform laboratory experiments and document results
- Test new software/hardware features, provide documentation and suggest changes
- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot, modify, and repair water jet cutting systems in the R&D laboratory
- Support other departments (Sales, Customer Services, etc.)
- Perform all other duties as deemed necessary by the department manager or supervisor
- High School diploma (or GED) and relevant vocational training or 5+ years’ experience working in an equivalent role
- Forklift experience is required, as well as experience operating cranes using different accessories (Straps, chains, spreader beam)
- Comfortable working with industrial machinery (CNC tools, power distribution, pumps, compressors)
- Familiarity with mechanical drive systems, variable frequency drives, and servos
- Able to assemble, wire and troubleshoot electro-mechanical mechanisms and products
- Experience with hand tools (drill, reamer, file, tap, hacksaw) and assembling of devices
- Experience with high accuracy measuring devices (micrometer, dial indicator, laser, etc.)
- Basic electrical knowledge (read electrical schematics, wiring switches, lamps, motors) and mechanical troubleshooting skills; familiarity working with UL508 Industrial Control Panels and PLCs is a plus
- Read and produce 2D engineering drawings; knowledge of 3D geometry preferred; Drafting experience in 3D CAD (e.g. Solidworks) desired
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work in a self-directed, hands-on manner with minimal direct supervision. Past experience working in production and/or service support environments is a plus.
- Experience maintaining and operating high pressure and water jet machinery desired
OMAX Corporation offers an excellent compensation package that includes a competitive salary, generous benefits such as: medical, dental, and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, a 401K Plan with company matching, education reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation and sick time. Only qualified applicants will be contacted; must be able to work for any company within the United States. Fax resumes to (253) 872-9660 or email resumes to email@example.com.
OMAX Corporation is an equal opportunity employer