With annual sales of $12 billion in fiscal year 2017, our client provides precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. They have increased their annual dividends paid to shareholders for 61 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
1. Conducts supplier site visits and evaluates them as to production capability, performance, delivery, and other key business criteria. May support or lead supplier certification surveys as part of a technical and/or quality team.
2. May at times develops alternate sources of supply by identifying and researching prospective suppliers.
3. Maintains accurate lead times for assigned area.
4. Monitors and evaluates critical supplier performance. Determines and implements corrective actions to resolve impending supplier failure to fulfill contractual agreements that may delay production or delivery. Resolves shipment quality discrepancies by mediating supplier/manufacturing issues. Facilitates inspections, substitutions, and standardization by arranging and participating in conferences between suppliers and company personnel.
5. Negotiates and settles damage claims, rejections, losses, return of materials, over-shipments, cancellations and engineering changes with suppliers.
6. Monitors and evaluates supplier's ability to meet all company and government or commercial procurement requirements and ensure that the pertinent technical and quality issues receive adequate attention in order to assure compliance.
7. Prepares complex reports and analyses by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
8. Applies continuous improvement techniques and methods to internal processes and systems. Develops, coordinates, and implements improvement initiatives with key suppliers. Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses. Analyzes proposed changes in methods and materials. May lead or be assigned to a special project team.
9. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing trade publications, establishing networks, and/or participating in professional associations.
10. Complies with federal, state, and aerospace industry regulations; ensures adherence to requirements and advises management on needed actions. Complies with Government/Commercial Practices Manual (GPM/CPM) policies and procedures.
11. May provide leadership to others in department. Acts as prime contact on high level projects. Establishes goals and objectives required to complete projects. Trains and mentors less experienced employees.
12. Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents company on high-level projects. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement).
Obtains the best quality, service, and value for products and services through effective supplier management. Identifies manufacturing needs, identifies and selects suppliers, negotiates contracts, and arranges delivery. Purchases critical, complex and/or high dollar parts, equipment, services, and materials.
Education and Experience Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Business Administration, or related field is required.
In addition, candidate must have Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through six or more years of increasingly responsible related experience.
Certificate in Purchasing Management (CPM) or APICS desired. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Thorough knowledge of purchasing methods, principles and concepts. Knowledge of industry practices, general business operations, and policies. Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements related to procurement. Ability to effectively assess and implement continuous improvement principles and techniques.
Proficient with standard business application software and specialized purchasing and/or materials systems (e.g. electronic data interface (EDI) or manufacturing resource planning (MRP) systems). Ability to work on a variety of problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis and evaluation of various outcomes require tradeoffs.
Ability to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways and evaluate alternative solutions that may require coordination across multiple teams. Ability to establish goals and objectives to complete projects. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret policies and recommend changes to procedures.
Ability to effectively communicate and present information to suppliers, team members, team leaders, and top management. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
Please don't hesitate to apply, as this position will be filled quickly.
Keywords: texas, fort worth, arlington, dfw, north richland hills, hurst, southlake, euless, bedford, weatherford, aledo, dallas, mansfield, burleson, procurement, purchasing, buyer, sr, senior, aerospace, automotive, manager, management, operations, negotiations, negotiation, l3, bell, helicopter, vought, triumph, parts, manufacturing