We are recruiting a Senior Accountant for a very solid manufacturing client of ours.
Summary: Participates to protect profits of the company and provides leadership and support in developing and maintaining costing systems including reporting. Provides accurate tracking and analysis in areas of responsibility. Implements and improves systems as needed. Makes system improvements to protect integrity of information and to provide ways to reduce costs. Participates in ensuring internal controls within the Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Leads monthly closing process
- Creates financial reporting
- Maintenance of factory to general ledger integration - EFACS
- Monitoring of all bank activity – including initiation of payment through banking system and weekly/monthly bank reconciliations
- Administrator for corporate Mastercard account
- Filing of Ohio Sales & Use Tax
- Filing of Commercial Activities Tax for all US entities
- Team involvement for system improvements between accounting and manufacturing
- Account analysis for the areas of responsibility
- Fixed asset tracking, including tagging of assets, depreciation calculation and journalizing for books and tax or backup for such
- Leadership in data collection for various accounting functions including business plan preparation
- Advises and servers as backup to A/R and A/P function
- Audit schedule preparation for assigned accounts
- Participation in financial/internal audits
- Loads data for monthly financial reporting as assigned
- Answers data requests from Tax Accountants, Insurance Agents, and Company Personnel
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The Individual must be able to maintain confidentiality and have good Judgment. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A pleasant professional image is expected at all times. Candidate will be expected to exhibit high ethical standards and promote the same within the company.
Education/Experience/Credentials: Bachelor’s Degree and at least four years related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Excellent communication both written and verbal. Ability to read and analyze periodicals, business reports, correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, Team Members and the general public. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions. The Individual must possess strong skills in grammar and proofreading.
Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to collect data, solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to maintain a professional and positive image in any situation using good judgment.
Computer Skills: Ability to use office software, including Word processing, Spreadsheets, Databases, Slide Presentations, Internet browsers, E-mail, and business systems software.