OMAX Corporation is a rapidly growing, leading provider of precision-engineered abrasive waterjet systems. OMAX has brought together the leading innovators and experts in abrasive waterjet technology, fostering an environment that promotes teamwork and a dedication to excellence. The capabilities of our machines consistently evolve to meet the diverse and changing needs of our customers.
The selected candidate for this position will reside in either Birmingham, Alabama or Jackson, Mississippi with a territory in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Western Tennessee and will perform the following duties:
- Deliver new equipment sales against growth and quota responsibilities by selling independently and/or cooperatively with distribution channel partners
- Develop and execute sales & territory planning strategies within an assigned region
- Building a strong pipeline for opportunities and follow up on leads provided by inside sales along with other prospecting activities
- Manage opportunities through varied sales stages to closure, while mitigating risk & maximizing upside
- Seek out solutions and build trusted rapport with prospects and customer contacts
- Evaluate distributor activity on an ongoing basis – manage their efforts to encourage the sale of OMAX equipment by providing ongoing application and sales calls
- Communicate customer and market information, i.e., competition (status and pricing), applications, market conditions, sales support requirements and product performance
- Visit existing and viable customers on a regular basis. Inform customers of product developments
- Report weekly to home office all expenses, sales forecasts, call reports and itinerary; lost order reports and customer support team reports as required
- Perform all other duties as deemed necessary by the department manager or VP
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Sales/Marketing, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five to Ten (5 - 10) years of quota driven industrial/capital equipment sales experience
- Ability to work independently
- Proven sales experience and a solid track record working with a multi-customer territory and multi-million dollar quota responsibilities
- Self-confident and comfortable selling to individual business owners or complex committee driven organizations
- Knowledge of machine tools, manufacturing process or capital equipment sales
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with CRM systems, knowledge of Salesforce.com is a plus
- This position is mobile; 50% - 75% travel is required
- Experience and/or knowledge of Sales & Marketing, Engineering, Customer/Relationship and Competitive/Industry knowledge
- Personal integrity, self-motivation, respectfulness, dedication, team player attitudes, and the ability to embrace change
At OMAX Corporation, we value our employees and appreciate their dedication. We offer an excellent compensation package that includes a competitive salary, generous benefits such as: medical, dental, and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, a 401K Plan with company matching, education reimbursement, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick time. If you are passionate about what you do and enjoy working with people who are equally talented and dedicated, we would like to hear from you!
Fax resumes to (253) 872-9660 or email resumes to email@example.com.
Please note that due to the number of resumes we receive, only qualified applicants will be contacted. You must be able to work for any company within the United States to be considered.
OMAX Corporation is an equal opportunity employer