Quality Manager – Automotive
Salary up to 110K
Do you have a strong automotive supplier background?
Have you overseen quality teams?
Do you enjoy working in fast-paced automotive environments?
This position could be for you!
This fast-paced automotive supplier is seeking a quality manager with a strong automotive background for their assembly facility. The company supplies to the automotive industry and is diverse in their customer base. The quality manager will report to the plant manager and will have 5-7 direct reports while indirectly overseeing a staff of up to 20 quality employees. The quality manager is responsible for resolving any customer and supplier quality issues, completing quality reports, maintaining and improving the quality management system, managing all quality assurance activities and completing and presenting weekly quality presentations. The quality manager will be involved with the strategic development of their quality area. This position requires candidates to be on the floor 30-50% of the time. Candidates should be able to develop teams, be energetic, able to take ownership of projects, have good work history and enjoy floor presence.
Benefits are very competitive, including medical, dental, profit sharing, 401K, life, LTD, paid holidays and vacation.
Requirements for the Quality Manager:
1. Bachelor’s Degree required; technical degree highly preferred
2. At least 5 years of RECENT automotive quality management experience
3. Automotive supplier experience
4. Experience overseeing and resolving supplier and customer quality issues
5. Root cause analysis and corrective actions
6. Quality auditing
7. TS 16949 experience
8. Supervision of others
9. Microsoft Office, primarily Excel and Access
Skills that are preferred, BUT NOT required:
1. Six Sigma certification
2. CQE or CQM certification
Why work for this organization:
1. Diverse automotive business mix
2. Medical benefits available day one of employment
3. Facility is growing and adding hourly and salaried staff
4. Overseeing an established, performing quality team
5. New business coming in
Candidates are preferred to be local to the Mansfield, Ohio area. A regional relocation would be offered for candidates with ALL of the required skill sets.