StepBeyond Solutions Inc
The Official Career Partner of EMSinsider, The #1 LinkedIn group for Electronics Manufacturing
StepBeyond Solutions Inc is the leader in Executive Search and Technical Recruiting for Electronics Manufacturers. StepBeyond.com has been the premier online EM recruiting site since 1997.
Who do we recruit? Anyone who has a reason to step on the floor of an electronic assembly operation.
Our client is aggressively recruiting a Quality Leader
The duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Formulates and maintains quality objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals.
- Interprets quality philosophy to key personnel in organization.
- Approves and assures initiation of standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Oversees plans for any analysis, inspection, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of assigned product or component.
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Provides input as to whether to accept a product or continue business with a vendor based on a review by the quality assurance and materials teams.
- Reviews all data obtained during all quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company policies and procedures.
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality activities.
- Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and actions being taken to improve the situation.
- Prepares and presents technical and program information to the management team.
- Directs verification activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality codes and standards.
- Plays active role on quality management teams within organization.
- Designs and implements quality training programs to key personnel in conjunction with managers.
- Other duties as assigned
Familiarity with and use of Six Sigma tools & lean manufacturing techniques is considered an asset.
- Bachelors degree in engineering or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years-related experience required plus 7+ years supervisor or managerial experience.
- Knowledge of Quality process improvement techniques
- Understanding of electronics manufacturing and general business
- Basic to intermediate computer skills (Excel and Word)
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Solid knowledge of ISO9001; AS9100.
- FDA/Medical experience preferred; Lead Auditor Certification preferred.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interaction skills with employees from all levels of the organization
- Must be a team player with a hands-on attitude, self-motivated.