Production Manufacturing Manager
Job Code (1341)
Location: Orangeburg SC
$95,000.00 - $110,000.00
Technical BS degree in engineering, science, math, or another related field required.
Must have hands-on Tier #1 or Tier #2 Automotive manufacturing leadership experience.
Reports Operations Director
Direct reports include: Production Shift Leaders (24/7 operation) and Maintenance Manager
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
· Responsible for leading production operations for 1 of two facilities and the maintenance program for both facilities
· Lead injection molding, paper processing, filter element production, CNC machining, module assembly, and bulk packaging production in Camden, including the management and distribution of work
· Leads all maintenance activities for the entire Camden operation
· Responsible for safety of all associates and supports achievement of world class safety performance
· Develops and executes manufacturing and maintenance plans to meet world class safety, quality, cost, and delivery
· Responsible for the management of resources (staffing, materials, & equipment) to meet customer demand
· Responsible for department budgets
· Experienced leader in lean manufacturing principle implementation and team skills development / coaching on the shop floor to achieve sustainable productivity improvements
· Experienced leader in problem solving analysis and team skills development / coaching on the shop floor to achieve true root cause identification and elimination, preferably using PDCA
· Process focused with a relentless approach toward continuous improvement of the operation
· Responsible for meeting the required productivity improvements in the operation utilizing support departments as needed
· Ability to drive sustainable improvements in non-production disciplines by working with other departments using lean & visual techniques
· 10+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment (at least 7 years management) with strong exposure to line management, lean manufacturing, production planning, and quality systems.
· Technical BS degree in engineering, science, math, or other related field required. MBA is a plus
· Lean manufacturing training required, including in-depth knowledge of key lean principles: Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Standard Work, Visual Management, 6S, SMED, etc.
· Change agent with a track record of leading and achieving process improvements throughout the organization
· History of creating a “lean culture” in an organization shop floor action teams
· Training and experience using advanced problem-solving techniques required
· Strategic Thinker with experience managing current priorities / targets while simultaneously developing and progressing towards a multi-year business plan
· Strong ability to coach associates at all levels of the organization
· Proficient with data analysis using Excel. Proficiency with other statistical software analysis tools- a plus
· Action Oriented, Strategic thinker, with strong organizational skills
· Proven Ability to lead teams across the organization and provide clear direction to all shop floor associates.
· Experience using MRP systems – SAP is a plus