Production Control Manager
Santa Clarita, CA
Full-time, permanent position $85k -$120k DOE
We are a leading manufacturer of complex machined parts, assemblies, and kits to the aerospace, automotive, and semi-conductor industries.
We have an immediate need for a Production Control Manager in Valencia, CA. In this role you will manage a Production Control team of 5 including a Team Lead.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manager receives input from customer service and creates a plan that will ensure the organization meets customer demand while at the same time minimizing on-hand inventory
- Responsible for the daily planning of production orders
- Communicates with manufacturing and others to adjust the plan for problems that arise
- Drive manufacturing and sourcing schedules and strategies to meet the needs of business, leading the attainment of increased production efficiency and cycle time reduction
- Track and Improve work center and customer delivery performance
- Ensure minimization of excess/obsolete inventory and increase annual turns
- Ensure the successful management of manufacturing material input and output to support sales and inventory requirements
- Development of schedules for equipment, materials, and manpower with respect to customer demand versus resource capabilities
- Communicate with other departmental management to effectively coordinate flow of products
- Manage single level and multi-level BOMs
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or equivalent, college degree is preferred
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of Scheduling Theory typically learned through 5+ years of experience in Production Control Management in Manufacturing environment
- Independent and organized work style with the ability to effectively manage time and prioritize work responsibilities, assume and manage multiple tasks without close supervision, adapt to change, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical capabilities and initiative to take action as appropriate and necessary
- Detail oriented and highly organized with capability of meeting deadlines
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exits. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
So if you are a Production Control Manager and would like to know more about this opportunity, please apply today.