Manages the plant’s budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning. Performs all aspects of general accounting and assists with audits, reconciliations and analysis of capital projects as needed
- Serves as a member of the plant management team to maintain the integrity of the plant’s financial statements, as well as, support plant management on business decisions.
- Develops standard product costs.
- Accumulates, interprets and evaluates plant production and shipping data required to develop standard cost and/or efficiency measures.
- Performs month end closing duties including: preparing journal entries, reviewing financial accounts and performing account reconciliations.
- Prepares the annual operating budget.
- Prepares monthly forecasts.
- Schedules daily production and tracks schedule adherence.
- Audits and report on daily production.
- Prepares weekly and monthly plant financial reports.
- Provides various other ad hoc reports as needed.
- Performs special projects and analysis including: variance analysis, capital project requests, purchasing savings and shutdown/mix analysis.
- Consults with plant management in all functional areas of the plant to gather information concerning production, inventories, efficiencies, and plant payroll. Consults with Headquarters finance, billing, purchasing and marketing to secure and/or verify financial and pricing information.
- Performs other related analytical duties as required.