| || |
- Directs, supervises, and motivates all line supervisory functions, ensuring overall plant morale is conducive to safe and productive operations.
- Provides the necessary vehicles for communication between production staff and the various members of plant management to ensure a free flow of information for optimum operation, teamwork, knowledge, and enforcement of corporate, divisional, and local policies as described and outlined by the plant manager.
- Responsible for hourly new hire recruiting and administration including: new hire training, ensuring new employees are fully trained before working on the floor; administering consistent policies and discipline measures, maintaining documentation on employee performance and accountability to drive performance.
- Appraises performance of supervisory staff and ensures that all hourly reviews are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assists the Plant Manager in establishing operational objectives and strategies for attaining goals and targets for meeting corporate and divisional safety, quality/service and overall productivity improvements.
- Ensures compliance with workplace safety programs (OSHA etc.) and organizing and cross-training worker teams for maximum production flexibility.
- Implements best manufacturing practices and supports Lean Management practices (5’s, Kaizen, SQDC, Gemba activities).
- Develops production schedules and duty assignments, making strategic decisions as necessary to alter programs when time or budget limitations are reached.
- Assists Maintenance Manager and Team Leaders in the repair and upkeep for all plant equipment to assure minimal disruption to production activities: pellet mill, hammer mill, dryer is some of the key areas.
- Sets the standard for the manufacture of high quality production with outstanding responsiveness to customer needs and concerns.
- Monitors every stage of production, analyzing current methods and developing new ways to save steps, time and materials to reduce costs.
- Initiates and implements programs to control inventory, improve efficiency and increase production to enhance value to the company.
| || |
Compensation will consist of a competitive salary and benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Forestry, Wood Sciences or related field is preferred.
- 7+ years of supervisory experience in a production environment, preferably in the wood products industry, with lean six sigma manufacturing experience required.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks in a 24x7 operations environment and have strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel and other applications related to the job.