The Operations Manager directs and coordinates day to day operations of the facility in an industrial organization. Manages local scheduling and real-time operations that facilitate the maximization of resources (human and automated) to achieve customer satisfaction, productivity, schedule adherence and economic goals. Implementation of ISO 9001 and ISO 13485. The ideal candidate will have a background in plastics and a strong mechanical aptitude.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
· Responsible for driving a safety culture of “Zero Injuries” in all areas of the plant.
· Reviews production orders/schedules/reports to ascertain product data such as types, quantities and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates and/or resolve operational, manufacturing and delivery issues.
· Plans production to ensure customer deadlines are met.
· Assists in directing plant activities to achieve optimum utilization of machinery and equipment and maximum efficiency of operations.
· Controls the financial spending of all departments.
· Recommends capital improvements which result in improved safety conditions, quality of finished product, value added, improved efficiency or reduction of plant variable or fixed operational costs.
· Develops or revise standard operational and working practices and observes to ensure compliance with standards.
· Responsible for monitoring and ensuring positive overall morale of the facility.
· Responsible for plant continuous improvement activities in all departments.
· Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Business or equivalent in related field preferred.
· Five years related experience or the combined equivalent.
· Experience and knowledge of ISO 9001 and preferable ISO 13485
· Ability to effectively write reports and business correspondence and to present information and respond in group environments.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts, such as probability and statistics.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw value conclusions.
· Experience in plastics and a strong mechanical aptitude is a plus
· Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, forecasting, scheduling, real-time operations management and coordination of people and resources.