Matalco (US), Inc., one of North America's largest aluminum melting and casting operations, is currently seeking a Mobile Equipment Technician for our plant in LORDSTOWN, OHIO. This role reports to the Maintenance Manager, and is responsible for repair work on forklifts, bobcats, front end loaders, etc.
Responsible for all preventative and reactive maintenance duties on all mobile equipment. Works independently and with vendors if necessary to provide excellent internal customer service and good turnaround times for mobile equipment uptime.
- Maintain a fully integrated flexible Preventative Maintenance system that changes as service requirements change.
- Modify or change equipment with proper approval and authorization. Ensure a proper record of all changes/modifications with authorization in the files.
- Develop and maintain a spare parts warehouse to ensure that all commonly replaced parts (consumables) are on hand at a moment’s notice.
- Perform all PM’s to ensure equipment is properly serviced and will have the proper life span.
- Be a point person for all mobile equipment repairs, ensuring that proper repairs are being completed in a timely manner. Be a local partner for all vendors regarding mobile equipment technical issues.
- Review all equipment inspections daily, ensuring that issues are taken care of in a timely manner.
- Train operators on proper use of equipment to ensure proper life span.
- Follow all relevant Matalco policies and procedures, including documentation required by EHS and OSHA standards, and adhering to applicable LOTO policies.
- Inform line manager of all deviations in field of responsibilities.
- Work with Maintenance team, assisting as needed during increased workloads or breakdowns.
- Excellent communication and interaction skills (operators, shift leader, maintenance colleagues, management, vendors and partners).
- Solid understanding/knowledge of all aspects of the heavy and light equipment mobile maintenance, including rebuilds of motors, pumps, cylinders, electrical, etc
- Good math, ready and blueprint reading skills
- Be flexible to change works sequence and hours based on production needs.
- Solid understanding of PC’s as well as PM software utilization.
- Maintain a clean working environment with all tools being in proper working order.
- Excellent understanding of Housekeeping and EHS principles, OSHA knowledge will be an advantage.
- Able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis. Have mobility to reach all pertinent areas of equipment that needs serviced.