Materials Supervisor develops and manages the direction and daily activities of the site’s shipping, receiving and warehouse departments. This includes developing processes to ensure (1) inventory accuracy during receipt, stocking and issuing of parts and (2) product is shipped to meet customer requirements while controlling freight costs.
• Drive on-time delivery though managing backlog line by line.
• Accountable for meeting area productivity targets to satisfy customer requirements.
• Troubleshoot scheduling and material issues that affect the warehouse area.
• Maintain inventory accuracy through adherence to developed standard processes.
• Responsible for managing workload and working with team to identify continuous improvement opportunities. Determine staffing requirements and cross train work force to flex as needed.
• Responsible for leading ten to twenty employees in three major supply chain sub-areas (shipping/receiving/warehouse).
• Monitors, evaluates, and assesses daily activities and employee productivity.
• Develops positive cross-functional team and models effective interactions and problem resolution.
• Responsible for unscheduled after hours Airplane on the Ground (AOG) shipments.
• Knowledge of manufacturing operation that would be obtained through a Bachelor’s degree in a manufacturing-related business and two or more years of direct experience within manufacturing operations and/or related environment. Prior shipping and stockroom management experience would be a plus.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to perform described role and responsibilities and obtain the desired results.
• Demonstrated teamwork and team building skills in producing results and meeting organizational objectives. Capable of assessing and developing individual and team skills and capabilities.
• Able to create and maintain enthusiasm for new and challenging goals. Serve as a role model by promoting new ideas and positive change.
• Current knowledge of lean process improvement concepts preferred.
Please don't hesitate to apply, as this position will be filled quickly. Thank You!
Keywords: los angeles, la, santa clara, santa barbara, oxford, california, materials, production, manufacturing, supervisor, shipping, receiving, manager, management, operations, warehouse, process, inventory, stocking, parts, freight