Job Summary: Maintenance is responsible for the installing, maintaining, upgrading, and fabricating machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, and other drawings in the facility.
Essential Duties of the Job
- Read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Dismantle machinery or equipment, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools.
- Moves machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and tow motors.
- Assembles and installs equipment, such as shafting, conveyors, and hydraulic presses, using hand and/or power tools.
- Constructs foundation for machines, using hand tools and building materials, such as wood cement, and steel.
- Aligns machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, lasers, and plumb bobs.
- Assembles machinery and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures, using hand and/or power tools.
- May operate engine lathe or milling machine to grind, file, and turn machine parts to dimensional specifications.
- Repair and lubricate machinery and equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance.
- Report unsafe conditions. Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Keep work area clean and orderly.
- Must follow all safety rules and policies as set forth by OSHA guidelines and Empire Die Casting Co. policies and procedures to avoid/prevent endangering self or co-workers.
- Perform other associated duties, functions, or work as needed or assigned to continue the productive operation of the company.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts
- May be exposed to unpleasant odors on shop floor
- Hands are exposed to metals, oils, solvents, and water-soluble coolants, PPE is provided for protection
- Noise level requires the employee to wear hearing protection while on the shop floor
- Foundry environment can have very high ambient temperatures especially in summer months
- Must be able to work overtime and/or weekends, as needed
- Must be capable of frequently lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs. and occasionally up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle, push, pull, and/or control objects, tools, or controls (frequent repetitive movement)
- Must be able to stand and bend/twist a minimum of 8 hours per day
- Must be able to stoop, lay, bend, or squat for long periods time
- Must be able to climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or other high structures
- Must be able to see and hear well (either naturally or with correction)
- Must have good dexterity and mechanical skills
Skills & Qualifications
- Associate's Degree from an accredited institution, certification, journeyman card, or minimum 3-4 years relevant work experience
- Experience with ladder logic microprocessors, MicroLogix, PLC2, and PLC3 control logic
- Mechanical and electrical experience with ABB, Fanuc, and Motoman robots
- Die casting experience is preferred
- Must be detail-oriented
- Able to work within precise limits or standards of accuracy
- Understand and repair hydraulic systems
- Able to use cutting torches, mig and tig welder, and fabricate parts
- Able to work independently, as well as, be an effective team player
Empire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.