OMAX Corporation is a rapidly growing, leading provider of precision-engineered abrasive waterjet systems. OMAX has brought together the leading innovators and experts in abrasive waterjet technology, fostering an environment that promotes teamwork and a dedication to excellence. The capabilities of our machines consistently evolve to meet the diverse and changing needs of our customers.
We are seeking an experienced CNC Machinist who enjoys working in a technology forward environment. Depending on the applicant’s skill level, opportunities to set up and operate state of the art 3 axis lathes, 4 axis mills, 5-6 axis machining centers and waterjet machines are available. This position will be machining moderately complex metal and polymer products that go into OMAX waterjet assemblies.
In this critical role, you will be a key contributor in our state of the art and rapidly growing Machine Shop. We are seeking a Machinist who is passionate about producing quality-finished products and embraces ever-changing technology.
- Set-up and operate CNC lathes, mills and machining centers with minimal supervision
- Study drawings, manuals, specifications and instructions to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work-piece, sequence of operations and set-up requirements
- Based upon documented set-up instructions, select, align and secure work-holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials on machines to manufacture parts as drawing-specified
- During set-up, observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjust machine controls as needed. Change cutting tools as needed
- Perform first part inspections by verifying conformance of finished product to specifications, using measuring and inspection tools. OMAX will provide all necessary measuring and inspection tools
- Perform routine maintenance tasks on machines as per protocol
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and maintain equipment, to like new appearance, according to maintenance plans and established procedures
- Continue to grow lean knowledge and use the lean tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement
- Ensure that safe work practices are maintained
- Demonstrate characteristics such as self-motivation, integrity, creativity, respectfulness, kindness, trustworthiness, being a team player, being a good listener and enjoys working in a manufacturing environment
- All other duties as deemed necessary by the department manager or supervisor
- High School diploma or GED required – Associates Degree or Certification in related field preferred
- At least 4 years’ experience setting up and operating manual and CNC machines
- Able to operate up to two machines simultaneously
- Ability to utilize math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, Cartesian coordinate system and geometry
- Skill in using measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, bore gages, height gage, comparator and dial indicator
- Skill in reading and interpreting documents such as work orders, drawings, manuals, set-up instructions and safety regulations
- Strong ability to work in a team focused environment
- Willingness to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to read and comprehend instructions in English as well as possess good oral communication skills
OMAX Corporation offers an excellent compensation package that includes a competitive salary, generous benefits such as: medical, dental, and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, a 401K Plan with company matching, education reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation and sick time. Only qualified applicants will be contacted; must be able to work for any company within the United States. Fax resumes to (253) 872-9660 or email resumes to email@example.com.
OMAX Corporation is an equal opportunity employer