RM Schulte and Associates has partnered with a Botkins, Oh manufacturing facility to hire a Human Resources Manager.
Purpose of the Job:
Management of Human Resources policies and programs for Botkins facility, which includes all administrative, legal and policy aspects of employee relations management, training, employment and plant staffing. Responsible for assisting with development and implementation of organizational policies and procedures that align employees with company’s strategic objectives. Provide professional recommendations and direction to plant management concerning matters of a personnel nature.
1. Work collaboratively with Plant and Corporate Leaders to identify and drive initiatives that support the organization's culture and promote organizational sustainability.
2. Direct Plant's On-boarding programs to include managing all aspects of recruiting, delivering new employee orientation and working with Plant Leaders to ensure successful assimilation into designated position.
3. Utilize internal and external resources to design, implement and facilitate training for Botkins workforce that reinforces and drives achievement of defined business KPI and supports the organization's culture. Work with Plant Leaders to assess training needs and ensure accuracy of all training records for facility.
4. Maintain oversight of relevant local and national employment demographics to ensure the competitiveness of the organization's compensation and benefit programs through participation in industry surveys and communication of program competitiveness to Plant and Corporate Leaders.
5. Facilitate the administration of Performance Management Process and associated wage program for hourly non-exempt staff. Offer guidance to Plant Leaders relevant to providing accurate, constructive and developmental feedback to employees.
6. Provide professional guidance and support to Plant Leaders in the administration of company policies and procedures to ensure that employee relations concerns are resolved in a timely, fair and responsive manner in order to establish a supportive work environment and avoid potential legal liabilities. Ensure that all disciplinary actions are documented properly and procedures are followed in accordance with company policies and fair employment practices.
7. Develop retention strategies through the administartion of exit interviews and alaysis of results to guide the implemnetation of programs that will foster an envirnment of positive engagement and promote the retention of high level performers.
8. Administer payroll program for non-exempt classification at Lysander facility. Administer hourly, non-exempt com-pensation adjustments for terminations, promotions and awards. Manage attendance-tracking methods and provide information to plant management.
9. Maintain department records and reports; complete unemployment requests for separation information. Conduct ongoing analysis of employee data and labor statistics. Provide data to assist Corporate Headquarters.
10. Maintain and coordinate employee relations and recognition programs, including monthly bonus program. Monitor programs for effectiveness.
11. Plan and execute plant social events and charitable functions; serve as Advisor for Employee Event Team. Review and recommend charitable giving for plant location.
12. Obligation to act in accordance with the Company compliance guidelines.
13. Safety First
Fundamental RequirementsEducation/ Training: • Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or applicable field.• PHR or SPHR certification a plus.
Know-how/ Professional Experience:
• Considerable knowledge of employment law, re-cruitment, employee relations and training and development.
• 5-7 years’ progressive experience in Human Resources, in a manufacturing environment.
• Strong leadership and organizational skills.
• Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to work effectively with all levels of employees.
• Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult and emotional issues.
• Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• Ability to convey a positive and professional image to applicants and employees.
• Experience with HRIS systems and timekeeping systems a plus.