StepBeyond Solutions Inc - Our client is aggressively seeking an Engineering Manager
The Official Career Partner of EMSinsider, The #1 LinkedIn group for Electronics Manufacturing
StepBeyond Solutions Inc is the leader in Executive Search and Technical Recruiting for Electronics Manufacturers. StepBeyond.com has been the premier online EM recruiting site since 1997.
Engineering Manager will be responsible for directing all levels/ functions of the Engineering Group, including, but not limited to manufacturing, processes, test, equipment efficiency and documentation. Engineering Manager will direct/ instruct the team, with a focus on strategy, overall process and improvement of the manufacturing process and applications affecting customer’s products.
- Monitor all manufacturing processes and documentation
- Evaluate data and work with teams on improving quality yields
- Provides input in the development of new processes and equipment to improve product quality.
- Brings about the improvement of operating and material handling methods in order to increase efficiency, reduce cost, and control quality.
- Drive engineering corrective actions
- Continuous process improvement to meet customer changes and demands
- Maintain equipment and manufacturing floor design
- Direct programming activities on the SMT lines
Minimum Skills/Abilities Requirements
4 year degree, preferably in an Engineering discipline
A minimum of 5 years experience in an engineering management/leadership capacity, including responsibility for direct reports, within contract manufacturing.
Excellent organizational, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal capabilities with the ability to develop and mentor employees.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds with the ability to bend and stoop as well push and pull the product weighing up to 30 pounds. Position requires standing for long periods of time. Position requires the use of safety and ESD equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, ESD smocks and heel straps. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
Note: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.