This position is part the Product Engineering team composed of engineers, designers, and drafters working on the development of new OMAX product lines. The selected candidate will report to the Electrical Engineering Manager.
The Electrical Design Engineer performs the duties outlined below and collaborates extensively with other groups with regard to the development, improvement and maintenance of OMAX products. He/she is responsible for taking ownership of assigned tasks and projects associated with product development and in line with OMAX procedures. The Electrical Design Engineer performs tasks with minimal supervision and may be called upon to lead project development team activities or to guide and evaluate the work of design staff.
- Execute electrical engineering duties on a multi-disciplinary product development team tasked to facilitate successful development, characterization, production and support of industrial waterjet machining systems
- Prepare design requirements, performance specifications, functional descriptions, and validation plans appropriate to support highly reliable designs in electrically noisy environments
- Manage project specific ECOs and production BOMs
- Develop concept designs that meet product performance, cost, and manufacturability goals and satisfy applicable product and safety standards
- Develop and qualify electrical designs involving power management, motion control, stepper/servo drive systems, variable frequency drives, industrial control panels, PLCs, and embedded controls. Create and maintain product documentation
- Identify and select critical electrical components appropriate to satisfy electrical compliance requirements in the world-wide marketplace (North America, EU, Asia)
- Provide technical expertise and guide efforts to effectively diagnose and solve problems from the customer support and production environments which are escalated to engineering for assistance
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by the department manager or Vice President
- Passion for Electrical/Electronic engineering and industrial electronics/machinery
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 3 years’ applicable work experience involving industrial electronics
- Design experience and capabilities related to Industrial Control Panels (UL 508A)
- Familiarity with the selection, application, and qualification of Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs)
- Knowledgeable with the compliance and regulatory landscape surrounding Industrial Machinery (CE, Functional Safety, EMI/EMC, NFPA79, UL 508A, RoHS2)
- Experience with machine motion control including stepper/servo drives, motion control loop tuning, traction drive and leadscrew positioning systems
- Experience working in a product development environment that supports manufacturing operations (ECO management, BOMs, assembly drawings/instruction, inspection drawings, PDM vaulting)
- CAD capabilities are a plus (SolidWORKS, Draftsight/AutoCAD, Eagle, PDM systems)
- Professional attitude and the ability to communicate and work across many levels of the organization including Management, Technical Support, Applications and Customers
OMAX Corporation offers an excellent compensation package that includes a competitive salary, generous benefits such as medical, dental, and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, a 401K Plan with company matching, education reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation and sick time. Only qualified applicants will be contacted; must be able to work for any company within the United States. Fax resumes to (253) 872-9660 or email resumes to email@example.com.
OMAX Corporation is an equal opportunity employer