Our growing client located near Gallia County, Ohio and Mason, County West Virginia is searching for a hands on Cost Accountant with a strong handle of all accounting within a booming Manufacturing Facility.
The Cost Accountant will be responsible for providing both financial and advisory services to the Controller, Departmental Managers and the Plant Manager.
In addition, the Cost Accounting Professional will assist with preparing monthly balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports as requested.
You will have several responsibilities also include assisting with the analysis of trends, costs, revenues, financial dedications, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
You will be counted on to participate in both office and manufacturing kaizen events in our drive to eliminate waste in our processes.
ADDED RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- The Cost Accountant works when expected and chips in best efforts towards the timely completion of work assignments.
- Providing/supporting focus and prioritization for the operations.
- Provides financial statements with supporting schedules, to perform financial analysis of the operation.
- Works with financial institutions as needed for cash management and collateral reporting.
- Follows established processes, procedures and/or techniques while performing job tasks.
- Assist with the Development of standards and calculate labor, overhead, and Material costs.
- Develop, analyze and make recommendations from accurate Cost Variance reports.
- Assist with the review and reconciliation of Month–end closing.
- Prepared a weekly and monthly Yield Analysis.
- Reconcile monthly Inventories.
- Assist Controller with Variance vs. Budget and Forecast analysis.
- Assist Controller with the annual budget process at plant
- Maintains the integrity of the financial reporting system
- Prepares and assists Controller with financial budgets and projections
- Assists Controller with analysis and interpretation of financial results
- Ensures inventory accuracy
- Practices continuous process improvement techniques by eliminating non-value added activitie
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BS degree in Accounting
- Combination of experience and education may be considered
- Strong project management and problem solving, time management and interpersonal skills.
- 1-2 years of experience in Accounting and/or Finance is desired.
- Experience, knowledge or exposure to Lean principles and techniques is a plus.
- Project or Work experience with costing is a plus.
- CPA is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.