Corporate Accounting Manager
Our Client is seeking a manager to join the Finance Corporate Accounting and Reporting team. Reporting directly to the Manager, Corporate Reporting, Accounting, and Control, this position will directly oversee one direct report and is responsible for assisting in the financial statement closing process, including the production of the consolidated financial statements and reports, managing our external business partner arrangement, and driving several Finance projects and process improvements.
- Manage the overall engagement and day-to-day process related to our external business partnership, including looking for ways to streamline efforts and improve the process on a global record-to-report basis. This responsibility requires travel to India on occasion to visit the external team’s offices and to meet with the team.
- Understand and complete complex accounting transactions.
- Participate in the monthly closing and consolidation of the Company’s books and records.
- Manage the inter-company accounting process and look for additional ways to improve/streamline the process.
- Participate and drive several Finance projects around technology to completion.
- Perform analyses and develop recommendations in support of achieving business objectives.
- Manage the department’s external audit requests and ensure timely delivery of audit requests from the group to external auditors.
- Manage one direct report and support them through the various stages of the employee lifecycle, utilizing self-service tools as is appropriate.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, with a Master’s degree or CPA preferred
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience partnering and driving accountability with an external vendor a plus
- High proficiency in Excel
- Proficiency with SAP and Hyperion preferred
- Ability to problem-solve with minimal oversight when issues arise
- Ability to effectively and efficiently work with strict closing deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate to, and collaborate with, a broad range of audiences, across various departments
- Must be self-motivated individual, looking to continue to advance his/her career by taking on increasing responsibilities and potentially other roles within the company