To be considered for this position, the candidate needs to have sole responsibility as a continuous improvement coordinator or a continuous improvement specialist or a continuous improvement engineer or a continuous improvement manager,
- Facilitate multiple Lean Kaizen events, driving the cross-functional team to implement change resulting in streamlined processes.
- Instill the Continual Improvement/Lean Kaizen approach of breakthrough improvements throughout the organization.
- Proactively drive change and process improvements across all functional areas.
- Work with facility leadership to identify areas for Lean Kaizen events, establish goals and objectives for each event, create project charter and select cross functional team members and leaders.
- Participate in development of Continual Improvement/Lean training materials & curriculum.
- Help functional area associates periodically review their business (key performance measures, major accomplishments and significant issues & challenges) and identify improvement opportunities.
- Deliver/Present the Continual Improvement/Lean training courses to all levels of the organization, including facility management team; trains and educates leadership and associates on the purpose, value and application of Continual Improvement tools.
- Support and facilitate the development of the Continual Improvement/Lean initiative and cascading the methodology
- Drive associates to establish and track/monitor business performance metrics to measure results and ensure continuous, sustainable improvement occurs across company wide processes.
- Help associates measure results of implemented improvements and communicate successes, along with identifying training needs and resources required to support continuous improvement activities.
- Participate in the identification and implementation of new tools, technology and strategies to help promote continuous improvement.
- Provide and coordinate training on the use and application of various Lean tools/techniques.
- Assist associates in establishing and refining performance scorecards, including performance measures, drivers and influences along with establishing performance standards and improvement targets.
- Ensure Business Owners complete all tasks by acting as liaison for the Continual Improvement team and related cross-functional areas.
- Identify and incorporate external best practices into Continual Improvement/Lean initiative.
- Perform data analysis, prep work and follow through on all open action items required to successfully facilitate a Lean Kaizen event.
- Responsible for coordinating and participating in 30, 60, 90 day 6 month and 1 year follow-up meetings
- for each event to ensure action items are completed and improvements are realized and maintained.
- Communicate cross-functionally at all levels within the company, including senior management.
- Foster the MSC Culture in the CFC and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of company's mission
- and vision.
- Participate in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum two years of Lean, Six Sigma, project management, training, and/or other related methodologies. Distribution environment is preferred.
- Excellent presentation/oral and written communications skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are required.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel 20% are required