JOB TITLE: CNC Programmer
The CNC Programmer determines the sequence of shaping operations and chooses the cutting tools needed. The CNC Programmer will analyze job orders, drawings, blueprints, and other data and then to perform all the necessary calculations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Proficient in writing programs from blueprints and/or solid models for the CNC Swiss turning machines with oversight from the Swiss turning supervisor as needed.
· Citizen CNC and PartMaker proficiency preferred but not required
· Loads electronic files onto the machine.
· Studies and interprets drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations, and set-up requirements to maximize efficiencies.
· Create set-up sheets based on tooling selection criteria.
· Monitor and verify the accuracy of each job’s initial set-up and final outcome.
· Responsible for the machine performance and product outcome of assigned projects.
· Revise programs and documents based on engineering changes.
· Maintain library of programs.
· Works for continuous process improvements and machine time reductions reporting program changes Swiss turning Supervisor and /or Manufacturing Engineer.
· Keeps CNC operators abreast of daily machine performance and project updates.
· Performs machine set-ups and may serve as operator of Swiss turning machines.
· Receives process traveler and verify that the components are correct.
· Receives material and loads on bar feeder; adjust feeder bar for proper size of material and performs a dry run without material; verifies material against work order for correct lot number.
· Performs first piece inspection once setup is completed. Gives first piece to Quality Inspector and waits for Quality approval to continue.
· Verifies correct tools against tool sheet and program; sets up any type of tool in the pre-setter and/or machine.
· Adjust tools to meet blueprint specifications.
· Downloads program to the machine, dry run machine with no material and all tools in place.
· Performs first cut off.
· Monitor screen pages and machine operation to detect out of tolerance machining – adjust machine controls or control media; verifies the correct program is running in the machine
· Replaces tooling at the machine.
· Sets up and operates machine on a trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
· Stops machine to change settings, offsets and setup according to required machining sequence or to measure parts for conformance to blueprint specifications using precision measuring instruments.
· Takes corrective action to bring units into specification. Red tags units that are out of specification (OOS), reports OOS to quality personnel and supervisor.
· Coordinates with Quality department to insure parts comply with specifications.
· As an operator complies with and maintains inspection procedure throughout production run.
· Instruct CNC Operator(s) on required tasks to keep machine in operation.
· Notifies Swiss turning Supervisor of problems with equipment and or tooling that may cause defects/lost time.
· Maintains good quality and production output.
· Labels parts to send to next operation.
· Demonstrates ability to streamline processes to increase productivity and quality; production and prototype jobs are setup consistently, timely and accurately.
· Installs and adjust collets with proper pressure.
· Cleans and assembles all collets assemblies, removes or replaces fixture, collets and tools. Inspects old collets and guide bushings.
· Notifies Swiss turning Supervisor of issues and updates.
· Assist in solving plant operating problems and/or cost reductions projects.
· Communicates with supervisor, engineers, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve machine or quality issues.
· Within the scope of the law will be required to adhere to and comply with state and federal law, Company ISO quality program and procedures, Company policies and Safety and Environmental Regulations.
· Other duties as assigned, hours and days may vary due to customer need and business capabilities.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Education and/or Experience
High school Diploma or equivalent with at least 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Mechanical aptitude required. Detailed knowledge of Swiss turning
CNC machines; proficient in set-up, operation and programming of machine. Citizen Brand Swiss machine
preferred. Detailed knowledge reading blueprints and geometric tolerances and dimensions,
Detailed knowledge of precision measuring equipment and the application of such instruments – including but not limited to calipers, ID / OD micrometers, depth gauges, indicators.
General knowledge and understanding of ISO 13485 and FDA 21CFR820 as it pertains to the job, on the job training provided.
Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Demonstrated ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry; to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of various tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars and inserts used on various machines and Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Solidworks.
No sponsorship visa (H1-B, etc) candidates at this time, sorry.
Qualified candidates must submit their resume in Microsoft Word format along with at least three professional references to:
COYOTE TECHNICAL & EXECUTIVE SOURCING
Director of Sourcing
3735 SW 8th Street, Suite 205
Miami, FL 33134
Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/CoyoteTech
Link up on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/pub/phil-montoya/18/7a0/617
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/CoyoteTech_Phil
For more job openings, please visit http://jobs.coyotesourcing.com/jobseeker/Search.aspx