Machinists -- Mt. Vernon, IN -- $25-30 per hour -- Generous start-up BONUS and paid Relocation assistance!
We have an opening for a Small Machinist with CNC experience at the Mt.Vernon, IN location. The Machinist must have the ability to set up and operate manual or CNC machine tools to perform various types of machining operations, such as milling, drilling, tapping, boring, and turning in order to meet print specifications. Additionally, the person in this role must:
- Possess advanced skills in the use of precision measuring equipment
- Demonstrate ability to work to close tolerances
- Demonstrate ability to read and comprehend written instructions or technical procedures
- Demonstrate ability to read and understand blueprints. Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) is preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment by working with the CNC Programmer as necessary to develop and/or test run programs
- Demonstrate fundamental knowledge of CNC programming, including G code and M code programming.
- Possess mathematical skills to calculate proper speed and feed rates
- Work in accordance with all applicable company procedures, policies and rules
• High school diploma or GED
• Three (3) or more years of CNC experience
• A two-year technical school certification (equivalent training plus on the job experience may be substituted for 3 years experience.
Please note that, due to our work with the federal government, U.S. citizenship (with no dual citizenship) is required for this position.