Our client is a rapidly expanding, global Tier I who is looking for a Bonding Manager to oversee their adhesion and finishing processes for plastic injection molded exteriors. Will oversee the subassembly of injection parts, bonding equipment and processes for A surface finishes. Ensure quality and satisfaction of internal and external customers. Must have understanding of gluing and bonding appliciations, APQP, tight tolerances, P&L impact within a Lean environment. Background supplying to BMW is strongly preferred. Robotic handling experience is a plus.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice manufacturing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organization
- Drive process improvements on Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) by appropriate data analysis.
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions.
- Produce written reports and make presentations.
- Undertake continuous training and development.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems.
- Ensure the delivery of the People Strategy within area of accountability.
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing manufacturing team that meets agreed objectives, and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required.
- Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate staffing levels, managing holiday allowances, recruitment, training, development, appraisal, attendance, disciplinary issues and daily supervision to maximize efficient productivity.
- Motivate and coach the team to operational success.
- Provide technical expertise to the team.
- Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems.