Pump it up!
Application Engineer needed to provide customers the best pumping solution for their application. This is a customer-facing position, providing assistance through standard support channels (phone, email, and chat), and working with many customer departments, including Engineering, Purchasing, Project Management, Operations, and General Management.
- Determine best pumping solution based on the customer’s operating conditions, including pump and motor sizing and selections.
- Review engineering/technical specifications and ensure our solution is compliant.
- Serve as the key technical liaison, working cross-functionally with Sales, Engineering, Purchasing, Project Management, Operations, Customer Care, our vendors, and our global resources to modify existing offerings and create custom solutions.
- Generate timely and accurate request for quotations.
- Prepares and submits ETO, vendor, and project documents.
- Assists with order entry of non-standard requests.
- Create part numbers and bill of materials.
- Drive continuous improvement rigorously.
- Create high quality processes and work instructions.
- Focus on delivering a positive customer experience.
- Skilled with engineering documents and technical drawings
- Experience with domestic and international engineering industry standards
- Self-driven and able to self-manage
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Continuous improvement and data analysis skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Experience with CRM, and ERP software systems preferred.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 5 years of combined experience within in Production, Engineering, Technical Support, or Customer Service, with at least 3 years in a technical capacity. Experience with rotating equipment, including centrifugal, screw type, progressive cavity, and gear pumps.
- Experience producing technical proposals detailing full scope of supply, evaluation, and acceptability or applicability to customer or industry standard specifications preferred.