We are presently searching for a full-time Assistant Controller in Dallas. In this position, you will be responsible for assisting the Controller in directing the activities of the Corporate Finance Department to ensure accuracy and timeliness of all internal and external financial reporting and tax reporting.
- Support most aspects of accounting management and finance in a very wide verity of duties for many companies and consolidated statements
- Assist the Controller in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with GAAP and established practices
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements
- Manage the reconciliation of accounts and maintain accuracy for the monthly and annual fiscal closing
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Participate in the preparation for the annual audit as well as bank audits
- Develop reporting tools and prepare reports for management and regulatory/industry bodies
- Organize and maintain accounting and financial software systems to facilitate accounting processes and related activities
- Assist in the recruitment, training, development and management of staff
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Professional Certification (CPA, CMA) a plus
- 3-8+ years accounting/financial management experience with demonstrated progression of responsibilities. Solid knowledge of GAAP and regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Intermediate MS Office application skills and expert Excel skills
- Accounting and financial systems expertise,
- Intermediate verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated progressive analytical skills
- Proven ability to explain financial concepts and information to diverse audiences
- Demonstrated ability to lead through a combination of direct authority and subject matter expertise.